Java Software Developer
Signiant provides mission critical products to leading companies in the Media and Entertainment industry and is looking for a Java Software Developer to join Signiant’s outstanding Software Engineering team to implement exciting new product features.
- Develop Cloud-based solutions that extend the reach of Signiant products beyond traditional enterprise environments
- Design system components to align with our high performance system architecture
- Implement interfaces among system components and with external systems, using technologies such as REST, SOAP, EJB3, and JMS
- Work effectively within our Agile software development team
Skills/ Summary of Requirements
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in designing and developing:
- high performance, distributed applications
- intuitive, modern, easy to use graphical user interfaces
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, refactoring, and test-driven development
- Experience developing or working with SaaS products on hosted service providers such as Amazon, Google App Engine, or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of multi-tenant application development
- Software development experience (2+ years of full-time experience):
- Java development experience (mandatory)
- Interest in working with new and innovative technologies such as Rails/Grails, jQuery, Rich Internet apps (HTML5, CSS3), SWT, Dynamic languages (Groovy, Python), Mobile apps (iOS, Android), NoSQL solutions, and Social networking APIs
- Experience working with application servers, such as Tomcat and JBoss
- C/C++ development experience (valuable)
- Experience working in an Agile team environment within a small, growing, dynamic company
This full-time position is available in Ottawa, Canada, reporting to the Director, Software Engineering.
- Signiant offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits.
- Local candidates only.
Please apply with your resume by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject.