Network Transport Software Developer
Signiant, a market leader in the Media & Entertainment industry, is looking for motivated, innovative and passionate people to help us build a bigger and better Signiant. If you want to be part of a small team making a huge impact on the world, Signiant is for you!
Signiant provides mission critical products to leading companies in the Media and Entertainment industry and is looking for a Network Transport Software Developer to join Signiant’s award winning Software Engineering team to implement exciting new product features.
- Optimize core transport features to run in complex, secure, and high performance network environments, including firewall and NAT traversal
- Implement core transport features to utilize various protocols, such as TCP, UDP, and HTTP/HTTPS
- Implement interfaces between core transport and other internal and external system components
- Re-design core transport components to align with new system architecture
- Develop transport solutions for various target platforms, such as Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android
- Work effectively within our Agile software development team
Skills/ Summary of Requirements
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in designing and developing high performance, distributed applications
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, refactoring, and test-driven development
- Software development experience (2+ years of full-time experience):
- Java / C / C++ development experience (mandatory)
- Objective C development (valuable)
- Mobile application development (valuable)
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP, UDP, and HTTP/HTTPS
- Experience configuring and testing network application transport features in complex, secure, and high performance network environments, including firewall and NAT traversal
- Experience using network simulators, protocol analyzers, and network performance analysis tools
- Experience working in an Agile team environment within a small, growing, dynamic company
This full-time position is available in Ottawa, Canada, reporting to the Director, Software Engineering.
- Signiant offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits.
- Local candidates only
Please apply with your resume by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject.