Cloud vs. On-Prem: Video Processing and Delivery
The cloud has transformed video processing and delivery, and it’s more robust, efficient, and flexible than ever. But on-prem solutions still have their place, as do hybrid solutions that offer the best of both worlds.
Streaming Media editor Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen hosted a Q&A round table featuring Mike Nash, director of product management for Media Shuttle at Signiant, as well as representatives from Bitmovin and Edgeware. Watch this insightful discussion and debate about the pros and cons of all three approaches: cloud, on-prem, hybrid.
- Capacity planning in the cloud vs. on-prem
- How the “cloud” relates to the physical infrastructure, and whether it matters
- Ability to move quickly with cloud deployments vs. long-term costs
- Specific functions that always benefit from being distributed or on-prem
- Considerations for high availability and disaster recovery
- Protecting against piracy Cloud vs. on-prem vs. hybrid—when and why each approach is called for